Name:
Location: Wild West, United States

Monday, February 06, 2006

Knitting already!

Debbie said I had to post pictures of my knitting, so FINE! Here they are....

Oh Goddammit! I had all these pictures loaded and then I lost the damn thing. Now I have to start over. Someday I'll get the hang of this - either that or find a host that's more intuitive. *sigh* One more time:

Here's the baby blanket I made for a friend, the pattern for which can be had for free at Nancy's site: http://www.knitfoundry.com/freestuff.html

Go buy stuff! It's cool!



Here's the heraldic pouch I knitted - yeah, I know I already posted it, but it's knitting, dammit! I used 0000 needles and 12/2 Gemstone silk from Halcyon. The gauge is something ridiculous - can't remember off the top of my head.



The sweater is one I test knit for Judy ages ago, but I just gave it away (to the same person who got the blanket.)

I just finished sock #2 of this pattern, another test-knit for Judy's sock-of-the-month club from a coupla years ago (can you say backlog?)
http://theknitter.com/sockofmonth.html


Here's a little Dale of Norway number I start ten years ago. It's been in the stash for like 9 1/2 years lacking only a second sleeve. I just want to get it finished, because it's a really cute sweater and it bugs me to leave things unfinished. I have no babies in my immediate future, nor does anyone I love enough to give this sweater to - seriously, you have no idea how much money and work have gone into this thing already - but that's beside the point. Does this make me a "process" knitter, or just obsessive-compulsive?

Bonus Point: Spot the error in the pattern on the body...

Not knitting:

Here's my Baby Girl on her first day of preschool (like a month ago - I'm such a rotten mother, I know.) That's her attempt at a smile for the camera, btw. I don't know why, but my kids seem to freeze up in front of a camera for some reason. I either get this kind of a face, or they look like they're at a funeral. Go figure.

(Yes, she dressed herself. How did you know?)

Also Not Knitting

This is the dress I wore to the event on Saturday. It's based on an image from the Tres Riches Heures du Duc de Berry. It's one of the most famous illuminated manuscripts there is - chances are, if you've seen only one in your life, it's this one. This particular gown and sleeves are from the August calendar page.

The hood is a very popular accessory from the period. The green belt indicates that I am an apprentice (in the SCA.) I made it - it's tablet woven, in a pattern derived from an extant piece, with more Gemstone Silk. I don't remember what grist it was - maybe 8/2?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home