Name:
Location: Wild West, United States

Friday, January 18, 2008

Halloween Finally

Sorry they're late! Here are a few pics from Halloween '07. I really wish we'd taken more of the yard decorations - they were really cool if I do say so myself. Ah well. Here you go:




I managed to make costumes this year - yay! Monkeyboy chose a classic, old-school vampire, and BabyGirl chose a mermaid. The coats and jeans don't add much, but that's okay, they're kids and it was cold, as usual.



Here are a couple of shots of decorations: there were a lot more, but alas,they didn't get recorded for posterity. The skeleton lights up, btw.




These pumpkins were volunteers in the garden - no doubt the seeds were in the compost from the Halloween before. The big one became a Jack O'Lantern (the large one in the center in the picture above) while the little one was a decoration. Pretty cool, huh? I've never grown my own pumpkins before. The big one's vine was HUGE - it took over the whole garden. I hope we get more this year.


Finally, here are some calaveras (sugar skulls) from an exhibit at our local museum for Dia de los Muertos. The kids made little ones of their own, too (nope, no pics, sorry.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home