Name:
Location: Wild West, United States

Monday, October 03, 2016

Dress Diary - 1910's Tea Party Gown

I thought of something to blog about! The tradition of the annual Easter/Spring Tea Party has continued, more or less uninterrupted, up to the present day. This year we wore Kentucky Derby style hats and lace dresses. Next year, about five months or so from now, the theme is 1910's chic. My best friend Melanie already has hers done, but it needs some tweaking so she won't allow anyone to take pictures yet. Here's what I'm planning for myself:


This is a variation on Simplicity 1517 that didn't make it into the pattern packet, but the designer has graciously posted the instructions on her blog:






http://www.andreaschewedesign.com/blog/how-to-make-the-beige-edwardian-dress


Before I can make the dress, however, I need to make the corset:





RH1057 -- Ladies' 1910s Corset - Reconstructing History LLC:

and the petticoat from Truly Victorian:

TVE14 - Late Edwardian Petticoat


As always, undergarments make the shape, so they must come first. I will probably not buy the TV petticoat pattern, as I *think* I have all the information I need in the picture. The corset pattern I have though, and Melanie and I did a mutual fitting session on our mockups a while back, so I'm ready to start assembling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home